Here is a list of ideas I have and I update this list from time to time when I came across a new one, usually during odd hours. I don’t believe you will steal it, seriously. Feel free to take any of these ideas and execute it. If you are interested in one of these ideas and want to collaborate or you have any suggestions, ping me.
- Categorizing visual stuff (pictures and videos) based on “flavor”.
Status: Executed. Check out flvrd.com, my startup.
- Social network for foodies.
Status: Available. I’ve this awesome domain name: nom.my!
- Global “About me” with API. Like Gravatar but it’s for about me description. I’m tired of filling up my profile on every single app that requires one.
- Global @username or Name mention. Imagine you can easily mention someone in your blog or website just by using @username.
Status: Available. Might not be that easy.
- Dead simple web page bookmarking and read it later by using email.
Status: Executed. Check out cctome.com
- Embeddable widget to show off your apps — web/mobile/desktop (portfolio widget sort of).
Status: Not sure.
- A social photo app that host all your beautiful photos from various sources.
Status: Executed. Check out vvall.com
- A Kickstarter for apps (desktop/web/mobile) with a twist. Instead of contributing money, users contribute feedback, suggestions, polls, help in naming your app and other micro activities to help get your idea to MVP.
Last updated: 29 June 2011